If you have a badly damaged or infected tooth, contact trusted Longmont, CO dentist at Silver Leaf Dentistry for a gentle root canals therapy.
Instead of referring you to an endodontist, Dr. Kory Wallin will use his extensive experience to perform root canal therapy right here at our conveniently located Longmont, CO dentist office.
The term “endodontics” refers to the treatment of the inside (“endo”) of your teeth (“dontics”). More specifically, endodontic treatment – or root canals therapy – addresses the soft tissue and nerves (or pulp) inside your teeth.
Simply put, root canal therapy removes infected pulp to save your tooth from extraction, helping you maintain good oral health.
Stress-Free Root Canal Treatment From Silver Leaf Dentistry
Contrary to urban myths popularized by movies and television, root canals therapy is no more painful than receiving a tooth filling. Top-rated Longmont, CO dentist Dr. Wallin and our compassionate team will greet you with a warm welcome and listen to any concerns you might have to help you relax.
We also offer several amenities to help relieve dental anxiety, including:
- Beverage and snack bar
- Spacious, private care rooms
- Ceiling-mounted TVs and headphones
- Soft pillows and cozy blankets
What To Expect From Your Root Canal Treatment
Dr. Wallin is highly experienced in root canal therapy. Here are the basic steps of the procedure:
- Planning: using our state-of-the-art digital X-rays, Dr. Wallin will assess the degree of damage and precisely locate the decay.
- Numbing: to ensure your comfort and prevent any mild pain, we will numb the inside of your mouth.
- Removal of pulp: using rotary endodontics, Dr. Kory Wallin will carefully and efficiently remove the infected pulp and clean out the inside of your tooth.
- Filling in the tooth: to protect your tooth, Dr. Kory Wallin will fill the space previously occupied by your tooth pulp with a material called gutta-percha.
We will provide instructions to properly care for your restored tooth following the procedure. Dr. Wallin may also recommend a dental crown to completely cap your tooth for added strength and protection.
Potential Reasons To Have A Root Canal Treatment
There are many reasons you may need root canals therapy. Some of the common causes for root canal therapy include:
- Deep cavities
- Severely cracked tooth
- A tooth weakened from repeated dental treatments
Don’t endure pain and sensitivity – call Silver Leaf Dentistry at 720-504-2539 for a root canals therapy from Dr. Wallin, who is one of the trusted dentists in the city since he had his Doctorate Degree of Dental Medicine at Midwestern University. You can also stop by our Longmont, CO dentist office in person or use our convenient online form to ask any questions you might have and to schedule your appointment.