Yes, Dental Spring Cleaning Time Is Here [Blog]
Spring has officially begun, and the weather is starting to warm up again. For many people, that means it’s time for spring cleaning in their homes. After spending a cold winter inside so often, it’s a great time to open windows, chase out those dust bunnies, and get cleaning.
But this isn’t restricted to your home. Many take spring cleaning to include their family’s teeth because there will be plenty of activities in spring and summer that need healthy, attractive teeth.
That’s why you need to call our Longmont, CO dentist’s office at 720-504-2539 and make appointments for your entire family. Dr. Wallin works well with children, who need dental care even if they mostly have their baby teeth.
Get Needed Cleanings & Exams
Why is spring a great time for a teeth cleaning and exam? Everyone needs these visits twice each year, but they can be forgotten. Life keeps you busy as a parent, so it’s not hard to lose track of the days and find yourself wondering when the last time everyone had their teeth checked.
Spring happens whether you like it or not, and spring cleaning is easy to remember. By scheduling visits with Silver Leaf Dentistry to coincide with this season, you make the visits easier to remember. And even if your family does an amazing job brushing and flossing every day, only a trained dentist like Dr. Wallin has the expertise and technology needed to spot problems like cavities and gum disease before they get out of control.
Strengthen Your Family’s Teeth
Now that it’s not so cold and snowy outside, your family is probably getting ready for some outdoor activities. Football, baseball, basketball, even horseback riding are all great ways to stay active and have fun. And taking the family out for a bike ride can be a good bonding experience.
But being active like this can put your family’s smiles at risk. A stray foul ball, a big hit, or a hard fall can crack teeth or worse. That’s why you should worry about strengthening teeth before spring and summer sports happen. Here are a few treatments that can help.
- Dental implants: A missing tooth needs to be replaced before the other teeth grow crooked or the gums there get hurt. A dental implant is as close to regrowing the lost tooth as technology allows, giving your family a long-lasting but natural-looking replacement.
- Porcelain crowns: These caps are custom-made to fit your damaged teeth individually. If you have a cracked or broken tooth, it will seal up the damage so it doesn’t grow worse. But a dental crown made from porcelain also adds a layer of armor so the tooth is stronger moving forward.
- Dental bridges: While dental implants are great, they require enough bone tissue in the jaw to safely take the implant. If you cannot get that, you can still replace that missing tooth with a dental bridge. This takes a porcelain crown and bonds it to the teeth on either side of the gap. There, your family’s smiles are complete and healthy again!
- Root canal therapy: A tooth that was damaged a while ago can start to hurt. Such toothaches are usually signs there is an infection inside it, which makes the tooth weaker from the inside out. Thankfully, modern root canal therapy can remove the infection if caught soon enough.
- Dentures: These aren’t your grandparents’ dentures! Thanks to modern technology, you can get full dentures (to replace all the teeth on the top or bottom) or partial dentures (to replace just a few teeth in a row). You can even make sure yours will not fall out unexpectedly by securing them with dental implants.
Smile Proudly In Photos
Spring and summer are also times for important events. Graduations, family BBQs, weddings, and vacations are easier to plan in the warmer months. That also means your family will be smiling in a lot of photos that will get posted to the internet forever.
Does everyone have a smile they can show the world? It’s easy to feel embarrassed when you have stained, crooked, or misshapen teeth. Thankfully, Dr. Wallin can help with these cosmetic dentistry treatments.
- Dental veneers: If you want a comprehensive treatment that lasts a long time, you found it! Dental veneers are tooth-shaped shells for the front of your teeth. Each looks and feels like healthy enamel, so they cover up any cosmetic problems as soon as they are placed. They can even cover small gaps between teeth if yours have moved a bit since you last had braces.
- Teeth whitening: Years of drinking coffee and eating dark foods like chocolate can turn any smile dark and dingy. Store kits technically work, but they have to be made weak to be sold without a prescription. Dr. Wallin is a trained dentist, so you can get professional-strength teeth whitening that gives you the dazzling smile you deserve.
- Invisalign: Teens need orthodontics, but so can adults. Your teeth are never locked in place, so you could find yourself with embarrassing gaps or crooked teeth. Instead of metal, you can get Invisalign with its clear, smooth plastic trays. They’re almost invisible when worn, and they are often complete is as little as one year!
- Gum reshaping & recession treatment: Your gums play a vital role in how your smile looks, so it makes sense there are treatments to help with that. Gum reshaping can gently treat a gummy smile, while gum recession treatment can carefully cover more of your teeth so you have a balanced, attractive smile.
- Tooth bonding: This is a more affordable cosmetic treatment. Here, Dr. Wallin will expertly apply a thin layer of a tooth-colored resin to the front of your teeth. This fills in any cracks, chips, or worn edges. This resin looks and feels like enamel, making everyone’s smiles look amazing.
Call Our Longmont, CO Office Today
Spring cleaning can mean much more than picking up around the home. It’s a great reminder to visit Silver Leaf Dentistry and get the treatments needed for a healthy, beautiful smile for your whole family. Call us today at 720-504-2539 or use our convenient online form to schedule your next appointments.