Things have changed since your grandparents’ time. Back then, most seniors needed dentures — and there was really only one choice. (Which means they didn’t have a choice!) But living with so many damaged or missing teeth was not a good alternative.
Things have sure changed. At Silver Leaf Dentistry, you can choose between three types of dentures to help make your smile strong and beautiful. That means you can get different dentures for your different dental needs. Call us today at 720-504-2539 to get a consultation and determine whether any of these dentures solutions are right for you.
Picking The Right Type of Dentures
Dr. Wallin has the right mix of training, technology, and experience you need to help ensure your dentures work right. That’s why he offers three kinds of dentures at his Longmont, CO dental office.
Full dentures are probably what you think of when considering dentures. They feature realistic, durable teeth set in a gum-colored base. They replace all the teeth on the top or bottom of your mouth. The shape of the base, combined with a non-toxic adhesive, keeps them in place when you chew. Full dentures can be removed each night to rest your gums and make it easy to clean them.
Partial dentures are often used when you still have some of your natural teeth. They connect to clasps attached to those teeth, so like with full dentures, you can remove them and then put them back on with ease.
Dental implant overdentures are a special kind of traditional dentures. First, you receive some dental implants which look just like real teeth. Then the dentures are connected to the implants, which holds your dentures in place securely. These also tend to feel more natural when in place.
Look For These Signs
How do you know if you will need dentures? That depends on everyone’s unique situation, but here are some warning signs that you might need dentures in the future.
- You have been skipping those twice-a-year dental visits: These appointments are vital to keeping your natural teeth for as long as possible.
- You have untreated gum disease: This disease can cause enough teeth to fall out that you need dentures to replace them.
- Your teeth have a lot of cavities: If you have enough teeth that are very damaged, you might need dentures to get a healthy, strong smile.
- You’ve already lost a few teeth: You can lose teeth due to sports, big cavities, and more.
- You don’t want to smile: It’s easy to feel awkward and embarrassed about your smile when it has large gaps in it. Dentures can give you back the confidence you deserve.
Don’t forget that dentures are not just for seniors! Since these problems can strike anyone, younger people are getting dentures when needed.
That’s why it’s so important to call Dr. Wallin today at 720-504-2539 or make an appointment with our convenient online form. With several types of dentures to choose from, you can find the solution to match your needs.