5 Tips for Successful Invisalign Treatment
One of the reasons that many people find Invisalign more appealing than braces is the shorter treatment time. Most adults complete their Invisalign treatment within 12 months, which is months less than people typically spend in braces.
There are other reasons too, of course, including:
- Comfort – With no metal wires or brackets, most people find Invisalign’s smooth plastic aligners more comfortable to wear than braces.
- Convenience – You can remove aligners for meals and for oral hygiene, which makes it a lot easier to keep your teeth clean.
- Appearance – Since the aligners are made of clear plastic, they blend easily into your smile. Many people won’t realize you are wearing them.
If you’re still considering your orthodontic options, call Silver Leaf Dentistry at 720-504-2539 to schedule a complimentary Invisalign consultation with Dr. Wallin.
No matter why you choose Invisalign treatment, chances are you’d like to complete it in the shortest time possible. To do so, we recommend following Dr. Kory Wallin’s five tips.
How We’ll Determine if Invisalign Treatment Is Right for You
Dr. Wallin will consider several factors, including:
- Your Orthodontic Issues – While Invisalign can correct overbite, underbite, crowded teeth, or gapped teeth, Invisalign treatment is not always the best choice for more complicated issues. If you need to move teeth vertically or rotate canines or premolars, we may recommend a different treatment.
- Your Lifestyle – While removing your aligners to eat is a great benefit, taking them out too often will lengthen your treatment. If you lack the self-discipline to wear them the recommended amount of time, you may actually enjoy quicker results with another treatment.
Enjoy Successful Treatment With Our Tips
Here are our tips for successful Invisalign treatment:
- Don’t Remove Your Aligners Too Often. We know, it’s tempting. But for the best – and quickest – results, you should wear your aligners at least 20 to 22 hours a day. We suggest removing them only to eat or to clean your teeth.
- Be Careful When Inserting Aligners. Like anything else, it takes practice to get the hang of inserting your aligners. It’s a good idea to practice by using a mirror at first. Never bite down on an aligner while inserting it, as that can damage it.
- Follow Your Treatment Schedule. Wear your aligners for the duration we’ve recommended, usually about two weeks for each set of aligners. Don’t “jump ahead” or otherwise alter the Invisalign treatment schedule.
- Practice Good Oral Hygiene. Take out your aligners before eating or drinking anything but water. Brush your teeth before reinserting them. If you can’t brush, rinse your mouth out and rinse aligners with water before putting them back in. Never leave aligners in when drinking staining substances like coffee or wine.
- Skip Toothpaste When Cleaning Your Aligners. We advise against using toothpaste to clean your aligners. Toothpaste residue can build up on the clear aligners, leaving them dull and discolored over time. The effect is even more pronounced if you use an abrasive toothpaste. Use a mild soap or detergent instead, and rinse well.
Call 720-504-2539 to schedule your Invisalign consultation. Remember, it’s free so you have nothing to lose!