Dr Wallin and Silver Leaf Dentistry have instituted several changes in addition to our already excellent infection control systems to ensure we exceed the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies guidance in keeping patients and staff safe, healthy and at lowest risk possible. Ultimately, it is up to each patient to decide if they are personally ready to go to their dental office during the pandemic.
Boulder County is currently (as of November 20, 2020) categorized Level Red – Severe Risk under the Colorado Department of Health and Environment definition. High risk populations should stay home at this level. Our office is currently working at much lower than normal capacity to meet the 25% state requirement.
Following is a list of Silver Leaf Dentistry protocols for Covid-19:
- Staff members are screened each day and directed to stay home if they have any symptoms (listed below) or have had a positive Covid-19 exposure.
- Patients are screened the day prior AND the day of their appointment. We ask a series of questions related to current state of health and underlying health conditions plus inquire about any possible exposure to Covid-19. Our health screening encompasses questions about fever, cough, muscle aches, sore throat and shortness of breath. Additionally, we ask if the patient has had any unusual health symptoms, such as rash, nausea or loss of sense of taste or smell. If the patient answers yes to any of these questions, they are rescheduled. This ensures we are seeing only the lowest risk patients.
- Medical grade air purification systems containing UV-C light in every operatory and throughout the office.
- Separate patient entrance and exit.
- Multiple stations with disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer located throughout the office.
- Staggered appointment start times to ensure proper physical distancing.
- No one is allowed to wait in reception area, patients are taken directly to the operatory after arrival and check in.
- Only patients and employees are allowed in the office, unless the patient is a minor, in which case the adult stays with the child.
- All surfaces are thoroughly disinfected after each person enters and exits the office and each operatory.
- Everyone in the office is required to wear a mask unless actively undergoing treatment
- Enhanced PPE for the doctor, hygienist and assistants.
- Barriers and high-speed suction are used during procedures creating aerosols.
- High volume suction is used for cleanings and routine procedures.
We follow all protocols diligently and keep apprised of the everchanging information related to the pandemic by listening to guidance provided by our state and local government, health and regulatory agencies. Thank you for your continued support during this unprecedented time!